Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hey, Hi, Hello. + Miley

Hi I'm Cass, the owner of Introduce. Link. Listen. (I.L.L.) which is basically a blog with Youtube links and witty blurbs and comments. 

I'm forever telling people about songs and artists they've never heard of. This comes from living in a small city with the majority of the population who only listen to the local "HOT.FM" that plays the same 5 songs at least twice an hour. I'm that cliche who has serious issues with mainstream music and generic pop/R'n'B. It's not that I won't listen to it and act like it makes my ears bleed. No. I just think it sounds like shit.

Now, as great as Triple J is, sometimes it's just not my cup of tea. Especially when the majority of the songs sounds like they will be played on a City Beach advert in years to come. 

Slowly, but surely, there's some different sounds sneaking onto the local radio stations. It stills blows me away that Gotye, the same guy who made Learnalilgivinanlovin, won Record of the Year. And then Ellie Goulding snuck her way in with Anything Could Happen. Next thing you know, The XX will be playing on mainstream radio (I'm just kidding, that will never happen). I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that I want to educate people to what's out there. Of course, I have my tastes but Youtube really isn't that hard to navigate (I say that now but tomorrow I'll wake up and there'll be two ads before every video). It's not that hard to find decent music. You've just got find what you like. Hopefully I.L.L. will shed some light on the wonders of the music-iverse and what is just a few keystrokes away from your finger tips.

But if you like generic pop, this blog is not for you. Go back to HOT.FM, I can't help you.



To kickstart I.L.L., here's one of my favourite songs for the past 6 months, The Big Bang by Rock Mafia. Featuring Miley Cyrus as Kevin Zegers' dead girlfriend that he sees die in a car crash over and over. Hence the 'Big Bang'. This song is brilliant, even though the video is cringe worthy and the last few frames make me want to rip my eyeballs out of their sockets. It still makes me want to get up and smash those air drums after 6 months of being on constant rounds on my Ipod.


 -C

No comments:

Post a Comment